Kershaw County, South Carolina
Price per Acre: $5,000
1115.6 +/- Acre Sportsman's Paradise In Kershaw County With Excellent Hunting, 10 +/- Acre Bass Pond, Fabulous Timber Resources, Minutes Away From Lake Wateree, & No Conservation Easements!
Goldmine Plantation is located in the Midlands Region of South Carolina just north of Historic Camden and features a large 1115.6 +/- acre footprint of high quality hunting ground and gorgeous timberlands. It's been well managed for decades for wildlife and the hunting resources are incredible. The Plantation is well stocked with varying ages of plantation pines and mature hardwoods. Timber information is available in buyer's due diligence and/or upon pre-qualification.
Kershaw County is a game rich area that is known for solid turkey populations and quality whitetail hunting, and Goldmine is no exception. The habitat is excellent and a history of quality management practices are in place. A seemly endless road system winds throughout the Plantation and leads to various foot plots, hunting blinds and baiting stations. The topography is excellent and the land has a very nice roll with high pine ridges, hardwood draws and flowing creeks and streams. Almost 2 +/- miles of the northern boundary of the Planation borders Grannies Quarter Creek which eventually feeds into the Wateree River.
Near the center of the property is an expansive, well stocked 10 +/- acre bass pond that's regularly visited by various migrating waterfowl species. The pond is in great shape and would be a fantastic backdrop for a future hunting cabin. There are no improvements on the property providing a blank slate to craft the home or compound of your dreams.
Wild quail are making a resurgence in the Midlands Region thanks to efforts from the SCNDR, local landowners, various conservation organization, and the use of fire to improve habitat. Goldmine Plantation has excellent bones and a high percentage of the property could be converted into quail habitat over time.
For the serious angler, Lake Wateree is just 10 +/- minutes from the Plantation, and features over 620 miles of shoreline and over 13,000 acres of surface water. The lake was constructed in the early 1920s and is one of the oldest man made lakes in South Carolina. There's excellent freshwater fishing for largemouth bass, crappie, stripers, and catfish. There are numerous family friendly picnic areas and public boat ramps for easy access. For a change in scenery, less than 30 minutes northeast is Fishing Creek Reservoir with an additional near 3500 acres of fishing access!
Tractor with front end loader, bush hog, and trailer is included!
There are no conservation easements on Goldmine Plantation.
Rarely do we see large acreage in this area come to market. Goldmine offers so much per acre for the sportsman. It's such game rich property and has incredible timber resources. The location is outstanding and the proximity to Lake Wateree is really convenient. Kershaw County is seeing a resurgence of quail and we've heard their unmistakable whistles all over this tract. There's a lot of potential for a quality wild quail property. This is my kinda place!
- 1115.6 +/- acres in Kershaw County, South Carolina
- Just 10 +/- miles to Lake Wateree
- Tractor, front end loader, brush hog and trailer included
- Timber information is available in buyer's due diligence.
- Well stocked with varying ages of pine timber and untouched hardwood drains
- Almost 2 +/- miles of frontage along Grannies Quarter Creek
- Approximately 110 +/- of clearcut and freshly replanted acres
- 10 +/- acre bass pond
- Excellent wildlife habitat with large hardwood bottoms and mature pine forests.
- Excellent road system with multiple access points
- Numerous established food plots and baiting sites
- Game rich area that is known for solid turkey populations and quality deer hunting
- A high percentage of the property could be converted into quail woods
- Less than 1.5 hours to Charlotte, NC
- Less than 1 hour to both Columbia and Rock Hill
- There are no conservation easements on Goldmine Plantation