Ridgeland, South Carolina
Expansive merchantable timber forests, incredible hunting opportunities, a top shelf location, and no conservation easements make Slater Plantation a great investment opportunity to purchase large acreage in the Lowcountry of South Carolina.
Slater Plantation features 3749.8 +/- contiguous acres along the Coosawhatchie River. The Plantation is jam packed with expansive upland pine forests and mature bottomland hardwood timber. Approximately 1000 acres at the entrance of the property are upland quail woods that lead to a well-positioned two-story hunting lodge surrounded by live oaks. The hunting lodge features 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, and is perfect for weekend getaways with family and friends. Additional improvements include a large covered tractor shed for storing all of your essential equipment and gear and a secondary smaller pole barn for auxiliary vehicles and small equipment.
Slater Plantation's baseline for big deer is unbelievable, a testament to high quality South Carolina genetics. 140-inch Boone and Crocket whitetails are not uncommon, and the property has a very healthy trophy whitetail herd. There are established food plots and baiting sites throughout, with elevated box blinds positioned with care.
Large hardwood bottoms along the Coosawhatchie are very conducive for turkey hunting. The property has good bird populations and excellent habitat. There is also a large 25 +/- acre dove field complete with wire and surrounded by an 8-foot fence protecting your crops from unwanted guests. The property also has a large permitted green tree reservoir.
Slater Plantation borders Buckfield Plantation, Mont Repose Plantation, and Cotton Hall Plantation providing a massive contiguous footprint of well-managed trophy whitetail, turkey, and quail hunting Plantations. Good management practices, excellent habitat, and very large acreage surrounded by expansive neighboring properties make this one of the absolute best whitetail and turkey hunting locations in the entire state!
327.4 +/- acres are a designated Gopher Tortoise Preserve under agreement with the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources and do not impact timber management or hunting. Otherwise, there is no conservation easement or other restrictions on the remaining acreage.
The wildlife on Slater is second to none and the big buck potential here is through the roof! You won't step foot on any better deer and turkey hunting ground in the South. Slater is jam packed with expansive upland pine forests and mature bottomland hardwood timber.
- 3749.8 +/- acre Lowcountry plantation with excellent wildlife along the Coosawhatchie River
- Jam packed with expansive upland pine forests and mature bottomland hardwood timber
- 25 +/- acre dove field complete with wire and surrounded by an 8-foot fence
- Expansive merchantable pine and hardwood timber forests
- A+ location situated between Yemassee and Ridgeland in Jasper County, South Carolina
- 45 Minutes to Historic Beaufort, Hilton Head Island, and Bluffton
- Two-story hunting lodge with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- Large covered tractor shed
- Excellent gravel road system
- Over 1000 acres of upland quail woods
- Abundant population of whitetails with many 140+ inch Boone & Crocket deer taken
- Excellent turkey hunting with high bird populations
- Extended game seasons and liberal bag limits
- Designated Gopher Tortoise Preserve
- Permitted green-tree reservoir
- Adjacent, like minded, and very large Plantations include Buckfield, Mont Repose, and others