343.3 +/- Acres Of High Quality Hunting and Timberlands. Excellent Wild Turkey, Wood Duck & Whitetail Hunting Adjacent To Hamilton Ridge WMA! 1000 +/- Feet Of Frontage On The Savannah River!
Situated on the banks of the Savannah River, The Sigo Tract features 343.3 +/- acres of high quality hunting and timberlands. Its elongated shape stretches the acreage along the northern border of the Hamilton Ridge WMA. The unique shape provides the hunter with over 4 miles of hunting area pulling game from Hamilton Ridge and neighboring hunting properties allowing the Sigo Tract to hunt much larger than its original size.
This is a game rich property and an area known for big deer and good turkey populations. Established baiting sites and deer stands are in place. Ancient cypress and hardwood slews provide the outdoorsman an opportunity to hunt waterfowl in flooded timber. An excellent established hunting camp site has been used as a launching pad for hunters for many years and would be a great spot for a small cabin.
There are significant timber resources on the tract with towering bottomland hardwoods, ancient cypress trees and mature pine timber. Timber information is available upon request and pre-qualification.
The Sigo Tract is just a few miles out of the small community of Shirley and about 12 miles to downtown Estill in Hampton County, South Carolina. It's about an hour from Bluffton, Savannah, Statesboro and Hilton Head Island. Nearby Plantations include Crab Orchard, Gravel Hill, Black Swamp, Millpond Branch, Woodside, Groton and many others.
There are no conservation easements on the Sigo Tract.
The Sigo Tract has fantastic wildlife habitat and is a sportsman's paradise. Being adjacent to Hamilton Ridge is a major plus and the proeprty's unique shape makes it hunt and feel much much bigger than it actually is. The timber is incredible and the old growth cypress and hardwoods are to die for. I spent a lot of time hunting the Savannah River Swamp with Dad and this property brings back a lot of great memories!
- 343.3 +/- acre Lowcountry plantation with excellent wildlife
- 1000 +/- feet of frontage on the Savannah River
- Adjacent to the Hamilton Ridge WMA
- Unique elongated shape stretching over 4 miles
- Old growth hardwoods and pine forests
- Excellent wildlife with high turkey populations and trophy whitetail populations
- Several excellent wood duck holes
- Extended game seasons and liberal bag limits
- About an hour from Bluffton, Savannah, Statesboro and Hilton Head Island
- Nearby Plantations include Crab Orchard, Gravel Hill, Black Swamp, Millpond Branch, Woodside, Groton and many others.
- No conservation easement
Maps & Location
- 12.4 +/- miles to Estill
- 54.7 +/- miles to Bluffton
- 56.3 +/- miles to Savannah
- 58.2 +/- miles to Statesboro
- 61.1 +/- miles to Hilton Head Island
- 62.7 +/- miles to Beaufort