Rare, Undeveloped, Pristine Coastal Acreage and Island in the Saint Helena Sound. Exceptional Higher and Better Use Potential.
Pine Island is the perfect private retreat for your family and coastal living at its very best! It’s located on Saint Helena Island and features 498 +/- acres of pristine untouched landscape that has remained in the hands of the current family for over 50 years. Pine Island has served as a center for family retreats, and a launching pad into the Saint Helena Sound. The views of the are simply unmatched and from the banks of the property you can see Morgan Island, Edisto beach and breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean!
Topography is everything along the coast and Pine Island has very high elevation and the vast majority of the acreage is useable land. There are no easements on the property and it has exceptional future and high better use potential. You’ll be hard pressed to find anything like it remaining untouched in South Carolina.
The land is naturally divided into two parts with the majority of the land mass bordering Village Creek to the East and the exclusive community of Polowanna to the West. The 77 +/- acre island is accessed by a raised causeway. The actual island itself has city power and city water and no generators are needed here. You can drive your vehicle right to the front door of the historic lodge. Improvements are found exclusively on the Island portion of the property and include a 3000 square foot historic lodge, guest house, managers house and equipment sheds.
This is considered the birthplace of the Adirondack chair and it’s easy to see why. The entire property is soul inspiring and no better place to soak in the beauty of South Carolina’s coastline. A deep water dock is located on the island portion of the property. The dock can easily accommodate an extremely large vessel, and whether you’re staying in shore to chase reds or headed into the mighty Atlantic, there’s no better launching pad into the pristine waters of the Saint Helena Sound.
The location is exceptional and you're minutes away from downtown Beaufort, Hilton Head, and Edisto. All which are accessible by boat or vehicle. This might just be the best investment property on the market in South Carolina.
This is a rare opportunity to purchase large undeveloped and unencumbered prime real estate on the Coast of South Carolina. The location, views, wildlife and Higher and Better Use potential are simply unmatched along the Carolina coastline.
- 498 +/- acre Pristine Coastal Acreage
- A++ location and minutes away from downtown Beaufort, Hilton Head, and Edisto.
- 77 +/- acre island with causeway
- Deep water dock overlooking the Saint Helena Sound
- Largest undeveloped property in Beaufort
- Exceptional Higher and Better Use Potential
- No conservation easement
- Birthplace of the Adirondack chair
- Incredible views of the Saint Helena Sound from the 77 +/- acre island
- Incredible sunrise and sunset views
- Excellent wildlife with high turkey and whitetail populations
- Guest cottages, storage buildings, and manager’s house
- City power and water.
- Zoned T2R Rural
- 3000 + square foot historic lodge
- Other improvements include guest house, managers house and equipment sheds
- Excellent crabbing, shrimping and fishing opportunities
Maps & Location
- 498.52 +/- acres of Pristine Carolina Coastline
- 10 minutes to historic downtown Beaufort
- 10 minutes to Hilton Head Island
- Views of Edisto Beach in the distance
- Overlooking the Saint Helena Sound and Morgan Island