Summerton, South Carolina
206.24 +/- Acre Walk-In-Ready Waterfowl Hunting Property With Over 110 Acres Of Impoundments, Fully Furnished 5 Star Improvements And No Conservation Easements. A++ Location!
Blackwater Plantation is located in Summerton, South Carolina along the storied waterfowl corridor along Old River Road. It features 206.24 +/- manicured acres with 110 +/- acres of high-quality waterfowl impoundments, paired with a fabulous lodge compound, skeet shooting range, large dove field and so much more.
Wild birds are plentiful on the property and they have had great success harvesting a wide variety of waterfowl including gadwalls, mottled ducks, black ducks, ringnecks, wood ducks, teal and the occasional mallard. Three large ponds and over 110 +/- acres of impoundments are located just beyond the treeline behind the main lodge. Blackwater has maintained a high quality wild bird hunting experience and the property has never been hunted commercially. Hunting rights have been reserved for the owner's family and friends only, and a new owner could continue this program privately, or easily encourage the sale of blinds as they see fit.
The improvements are prime for entertaining and in the main, fully furnished 9000 +/- square foot entertaining facility features a large open-space concept with commercial kitchen and dining room suitable for large events. There are dramatic 20 foot ceilings and wood finishes throughout, with the main focal point being an oversized 360 degree rock fireplace. There's even a loft that is prime for a game room or hangout spot for youth. Adjacent to the main structure is a 14 room hotel style lodge. The outdoor entertaining spaces are fabulous and the covered cook shed is perfect for roasting oysters, making cocktails and enjoying country living at its best. There's even a 60' x 40' pavilion that could host outdoor dining or serve as a chapel for weddings. The entire exterior is fully landscaped with lighted stone walking paths, granite curbing and other high end touches.
Sharpen your skills at the custom skeet shooting complex that is a short walk from the main lodge. With 5 covered bays lighted for nighttime shooting, and a variety of options with the throwers, there are endless hours of practice and fun to be had. This is a great area for migratory birds and beyond the skeet shooting complex is a prime location for a large 20+ acre dove field. Additional improvements include a 120' x 50' tractor shed and workshop. Equipment is not included in the offering and not negotiable for purchase.
Nearby famed waterfowl hunting properties include Hickory Top, Oak Bay, Quack Hollow, Featherhorn, Black Dog, SCWA, Two Ponds, Wishbone, and many others.
There are no conservation easements on Blackwater Plantation.
Option 1 - Lodge Compound & 206.24 +/- acres - $3,495,000 AVAILABLE
Option 2 - 50 +/- acre impoundment & 193.75 +/- acres - $1,275,000 SOLD 2023
Founder + Broker803-480-1260 [email protected]
Wise Batten, Inc.(803) 943-6983 [email protected]
Blackwater is incredible. The wild bird hunting here is off the charts! With 110 +/- acres of impoundments and expansive world class entertaining facilities, skeet shooting range and large dove field, Blackwater is sure to impress!
- 206.24 +/- Acre walk-in-ready waterfowl hunting property located in Summerton, SC along famed Old River Road
- 110 +/- acres of high-quality waterfowl impoundments
- 20 +/- acre dove field
- 9000 +/- square foot lodge with large central fireplace, commercial kitchen, loft and fully furnished
- 150'x55' furnished, motel style lodging with 14 individual bedrooms and bathrooms
- Fully landscaped with quality hard spaces and walking paths for entertaining
- Covered and lighted 5 stand shooting facility
- 120'x50' tractor shed and storage facility
- 60'x40' pavilion perfect for hosting weddings or events
- Covered outdoor cooking station with cypress bart top, granite counter tops and seating areas
- Nearby famed waterfowl hunting properties include Hickory Top, Oak Bay, Quack Hollow, Featherhorn, Black Dog, SCWA, Two Ponds, Wishbone, and many others.
- There are no conservation easements on Blackwater Plantation
- Equipment NOT included
Maps & Location
- 5.9 +/- miles to Rimini
- 6.5 +/- miles to the Summerton Diner :)
- 7 +/- miles from Packs Landing for quick access to Lake Marion
- 16.7 +/- miles to Manning
- 27.7 +/- miles to Sumter
- 57.3 +/- miles to Columbia
- 78.5 +/- miles to Georgetown
- 79.1 +/- miles to Charleston
- 82.7 +/- miles to Mount Pleasant
- 102 +/- miles to Beaufort
- 112 +/- miles to Augusta, GA
- 145 +/- miles to Charlotte, NC